Thursday 21 April 2016

Symbols of the Holy Spirit

Dove (John 1:32)
And John bore witness: “I saw the Spirit descend from heaven like a dove and it remained on him.

Fire (Acts 2: 3-4)
And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Fire (Matthew 3:11)
I baptise you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptise you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Oil (1 John 2: 20)
But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge.

Rivers of Water (John 7:37-39)

On the last day of the Feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given because Jesus was not yet glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment